zaterdag 28 april 2012

177.
Naturlaut

An exploration of the first few bars of Mahler's 1st symphony, Titan.  On the score this first movement has the instruction:
 'Langsam schleppend, wie ein Naturlaut'.
Pictures by Yours Truly.










 Hence the title.  


Dad used to play this when I was a little kid to wake me up whenever I was at his place, if you play it: Chicago Symphony Orchestra you'll understand that was a great way to wake up.

I did not linger to much on the rest of that symphony here, just let go to explore where that short progression and mood would take me. Nowhere, eventually, but that's after a lot of very nice everywhere.  Still hard to anticipate the moment where I run out of notes, and I guess today I was slightly late; so I just let be there and closed to an open end. 


I'm quite sure this mornings play would not be a bad alarmclock either.

Geen opmerkingen: