zaterdag 2 juni 2012

183.
Sweet And Gentle

Just a simple tonal slowtake today.  Very clear idea to start off with though: Downward sequense I-IV-II-V-III-VI etc. etc.   Confusing the subdominant to tonic to switch into tonic=dominant to erm, well, it tends to confuse the brain into making the real center a pointer towards the not-center, or something like that.  In other words, a bit the other way around -so to say- from usual harmonic structure, though still very conventional.  Got the outline riding my bike the day before, as an interesting entrance to fields un-explored.
Picture by Yours Truly.

I had some idea about how to fulfill that astranging effect into an interesting conclusion, but it didn't take too long before I lost the outline and let the music take its own direction.  Every once a while the outline got me back in gear when it was about to drift into nonsens.  Eventually I got into the field I was looking for and could not have imagined without the realisation of those imagined soundscapes,  evoking a bit of vocalisation as well.  So, nuff said, enjoy.


Geen opmerkingen: