vrijdag 10 februari 2012

150.
May Auld Aquaintance Be Forgot

We'll have a cup of kindness yet, for auld lang syne....

One-Hundred-And-Fifty!  Honderd En Vijftig!

Jubilee, and a whole new setting.

  Sadly the whole former 150 episodes were on a different website, of wich the provider suddenly started acting up and blocking acces.  So far I have not yet been able to recover all those posts with stories, illustrations and comments that go with the recordings of half a year of daily early-morning piano-improvisations.  The recordings I do have on my hard disk and backed up, so these are not lost, thank God.  This 'back catalog' I will in due time put somewhere else to be accessible from this website, and I hope I will be able to recover the rest from that darned stupid company where PyjamaPiano used to live upto now..

So now let's just start fresh at 150 and work up to the next 150 and on.  Should auld aquaintance be forgot?  In this case, sadly, yes.  But brought to mind it will be.  In every key played.  They can't take the piano, my mind, soul and heart, nor my hands....

>>> Komt eraan, opname is klaar, nog even verwerken. <<<
>>> Recording made, will process and post in few hours<<<<


Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind ?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and auld lang syne* ?

    CHORUS:
    For auld lang syne, my jo (or my dear),
    for auld lang syne,
    we’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet,
    for auld lang syne.

And surely ye’ll be your pint-stowp !
and surely I’ll be mine !
And we’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

    CHORUS

We twa hae run about the braes,
and pu’d the gowans fine ;
But we’ve wander’d mony a weary fit,
sin auld lang syne.

    CHORUS

We twa hae paidl’d i' the burn,
frae morning sun till dine ;
But seas between us braid hae roar’d
sin auld lang syne.

    CHORUS

And there’s a hand, my trusty fiere !
and gie's a hand o’ thine !
And we’ll tak a right gude-willy waught,
for auld lang syne.

    CHORUS 


Geen opmerkingen: